Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Week 8 - WorldCat and Camio (and I threw in Films on Demand for fun)


WorldCat:


1. I clicked on advanced search and typed in Martin Luther Not king I limited to:  books, juvenile books, and biography which came up with 140 records.  Two I would recommend are:  Martin Luther by Harry Emerson Fosdick at Mitchell Public Library and Martin Luther:  A Man Who Changed the World by Paul Maier at Brookings Public.


2.  I clicked on advanced search and typed in Classic and Genre/Form Graphic.  Limited to books, Juvenile, and Fiction which came up with 334 results.  I would add Bram Stokers Dracula published by Stone Arch Books in Minneapolis.




3. I clicked on advanced search and did a Title Search for "My Fair Lady"  and limited to musical scores.  The one that I would choose:  Accession # OCLC:  26429906.


Camio: 


1.  I did a basic search using all the terms listed on the sheet - except at different times when the results came up I looked for the dates in the date ranged provided.  I found various examples of dresses and I thought the results where not very numerous.


2.  We recently subscribed to Films on Demand (a documentary movie database) and I thought I would try there as well and I did in fact find a wonderful documentary called The Victorians which focused on fashion!!





1 comment:

  1. Great work, Scott! The WorldCat stuff comes naturally to you, and you would have satisfied customers with those answers. You are right about the CAMIO question--the results are not numerous, but would give a patron something to go on. Your find in Films on Demand is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete