Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Week 5 Proquest:

Proquest is my go to database - lots of subjects with lots of full text options!!  This is where I tell students to begin their research projects!!

1.  Here is what I did:

I typed in "literary criticism" and "les miserables" and clicked on full text.

On the next page I excluded review, theater, motion pictures, film studies, music, and musical theater.

I finally came up with 550 results - I thought that was still a bit unmanageable so I limited to only articles published since 2000 and my final number was 293 which I thought was a good number and I gave the results list a quick once over and thought there were a lot of good articles here!

2.  I typed in "hurricane sandy" and librarians in the search box and then limited it to articles just from 2012 came up with 91 really good articles.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your good work, Scott. I love how you can narrow a search in Basic Search model, and you gave a great description of how to do that. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete