Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Week 4:

SIRS Discoverer:

1.  Solar System and Lexile Score between 100 - 1120. Lots of great information on the solar system.

2.  1.  Search for Volcanoes limit to Graphics and Pictures 2.  Click on Pictures search for Volcanoes.  I liked both types of searches and I really enjoy SIRS - such a wide variety of topics and TONS of information!!

SIRS Issues Researcher:

I tell all the speech classes about SIRS Issues Researcher  - such a great place to go to get speech topic ideas!!!

1.  Leading Issues:  Teenagers, Suicidal Behavior, I then clicked on Suicide Prevention and came up with 4 websites.  I think so these sites have been through a vetting process and will be more reliable then just googling.

2.  I searched "water use"  which brought up  leading issue - such a wealth of information - and so well organized.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your remarks here, Scott. I'm excited to see that you are using SIRS Issues Researcher with your speech classes. Julie & I have both used it with grad students. The one I helped confirmed your comment about it being well organized. She said, "It's all right here!" Though billed as a middle-high school e-resource, it has uses for college & adults, too. Thanks for your work.

    ReplyDelete